- Providing support and opportunities for struggling Americans age 50
and over. They help individuals and families achieve financial
well-being and focus action and legal advocacy on the issues of hunger,
housing, income and isolation.
- Find benefit programs that can help you pay for medications, health
care, food, utilities and more.
- Browse by state, agency, or type of resource to find the help you
need. Resources include utility assistance programs, free home
weatherization, healthcare, food assistance, childcare, assistance for
family members providing elder care for their parents, unemployment,
summer and school meal programs, job training, cash assistance, home
repairs, rental and home ownership assistance, and more.
Discounts for Seniors
- Age 50 and over. A listing of travel, grocery, shopping,
restaurant, entertainment and other discounts available for seniors.
- A directory by state of academic programs and college courses for
seniors wishing to learn a new career or further their education, many
at low cost or free.
- Tasked with ending senior hunger. Search by zip code to find a
local meal delivery program for elderly citizens.
- A comprehensive listing by state of agencies and programs that serve
the needs of seniors.
Volunteers of America
- Offers services for seniors including transportation, meal programs,
handyman services, affordable housing assistance, adult day and
long-term nursing care services, and other support programs to help
promote health and independence for the elderly.